Zero Waste Scotland and Scottish Futures Trust are now inviting Expressions of Interest (EoI) from councils and applicaitons from resource management businesses that wish to apply to the Food Waste Programme 2011/12.
How to apply
Download the Expression of Interest form - doc (712 kb).
Your Expression of Interest will be assessed by Zero Waste Scotland and Scottish Futures Trust
Someone from Zero Waste Scotland will make contact with you with 2 weeks to advise on the course of action to be taken.
Click here to access the guidance documents and application forms.
What will happen next?
This depends on the type of organisation applying and the level of support you require
- You will be appointed a contractor to complete an options appraisal process. This will generate a report that will detail the collection and treatment options available to the Council.
- Following completion of the options appraisal report, the Council can make an application for funding.
- You will be appointed a contractor to help you complete a business case that will identify the options for procurement, in addition to the collection and treatment options.
- The business case can be submitted as an application for funding.
- If you have already completed a business case or options appraisal process, this will be reviewed by Zero Waste Scotland and SFT.
- Following completion of the review, the Council can make an application for funding.
If appropriate, Zero Waste Scotland will make an offer of funding that the Council can decide to agree to. This offer will commit Zero Waste Scotland to funding support, guaranteed for 2011/12 and subject to future budget decisions in subsequent years. On acceptance of the funding, the Council will agree to work towards performance targets to ensure the best value return on investment.
You will complete a business case application form within the scope of the applicable projects.
This will be assessed by Zero Waste Scotland staff and, where successful, an offer of funding will be made. On agreement of this offer, you will be required to complete periodical data returns to ensure the best value return on investment.
You can access the documentation here.